Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tool #5: Producing with Web 2.0

Web 2.0 really is wonderful.  It makes so much possible for the layman or woman or kid.  It changes the classroom through projects students can create easily.  Classrooms become active and engaging.  It is a fantastic option to the typical writing responses to learning.  While it may seem scarier for some, honestly I've found that if you show students what they can create, they are able to do it with very little technical help from the teacher.  Below are several sites and projects I have used either with kids or created myself.




It revolutionizes the slide show and has the added ability to add text. The following slide show is one created by a group of Bilingual/ESL students I worked with. We had read an article about "Making Maple Syrup". Instead of having each student write a summary of their individual learning, I chose to have them make an animoto to show learning. While the final product may seem simple, the advanced learning that took place was not! Student's used the comprehension strategies I preach to teach.:) They monitored comprehension, determined importance, inferred, and synthesized. The oral and academic language used in their collaborative efforts is immeasurable!!!!!  


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

This I created because my nieces and nephews are just too cute!!


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

It's kind of a scrapbook blog.  Below is a Glog, several of my students created through research they were doing on the Anti-Slavery Movement.  Instead of power point, they captured the essentials here to show as they made their presentation.  







 xtranormal is a movie making site.  As the site, testifies to, "if you can type, you can make movies."  Below is a quick movie I made as an example to show a blogging class how to make a movie.
  



Journeying forth to Tool # 6... 

No comments: