Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tool #3 Video and Image Resources





I discovered "Discovery Education" this year and used it quite a bit. I am a huge fan!!! I had not thought about using the videos on an itouch or ipad as a center for students to watch and respond. This is an excellent idea! It will go along well with Comprehension Toolkit. Students can watch a video and respond with an FQR sheet or other thinksheet. Another use for the itouches, yeah!

It is a shame that our district blocks so many sites that educators can use. I will say that I have been able to use youtube this year on campus. The embedded video was one I used while presenting a faculty Words Their Way training. While maybe not specifically for kids, it's pretty funny for adults. Yes, it's clean. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You can access Brainpop via the IPads too. The kids love anything that involves those iPads!

knappster said...

Great idea about Discovery Ed videos on the ipads.........and tieing them into Comprehension Toolkit! Killing 2 birds with one stone.....

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your blog! (and a little intimidated too ;) )

Anonymous said...

I really liked the video...THANK YOU for ALL!

Maria Garza said...

I Love the video about Bryan and the spelling bee. I just can't stop laughing. I lost the count on how many times I have watched it ever since you posted it.