Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tool #4: Moving Up To The Clouds-Part 2

Ah, google docs, google apps, moving up the clouds, fun, fun fun! No sarcasm this time. :) I have used google docs before. As part of a class I took this past year, I had to write summaries on books read. I used google docs to share with the instructor who then was able to critique immediately. I also used google docs at the beginning of the school year with the faculty for a district training. Teachers went in and wrote goals by grade level on the same spreadsheet. They then had to read other grade level goals and respond to them. This was all done in real time. It was a wonderful tool especially as a presenter. I could easily look on my computer and see what every group was writing. It made it easy to know which groups to go and talk to or help without having to hover over people.

Google forms was new for me. The potential here is endless. What I love most is the ability to share with colleagues and/or students so easily.

I spent quite a bit of time working on google site. Through google site, I have created a website for Language Arts at Housman. I'm really, really excited about it. One thing that sets it a part is that I have set it so educators in Spring Branch can also go and edit or add to the site, much like a wiki.  Therefore, I am not the loan operator.  This features continues the theme of "promoting communication, collaboration, and creativity among  fellow colleagues, and students" (Summers Blog Tool 4) . It is still under construction and will take a while to complete. But I'm going to showcase it here anyway because I would love some feedback. So, without further ado...Introducing The LA HOUZ!  If you have time, I really would love some opinions, feedback, suggestions on the site.  Or feel free, to add anything to it yourself.  :)  You will have to either be signed into or sign into your Spring Branch Google Account.  

Moving up up and away to Tool #5...

No comments: