Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #11: Library Thing

Well, this is cool. I set up a home library but what I really will spend time doing is setting up my classroom library. I have quite a few books and sometimes forget what I have and so forth. This site will be very useful. I including a few books from librarything on my blog but I also added shelfari. I was looking at Paula's Space blog and saw it on there. I thought it was cool. I don't know if that's something I'll learn about in other things or if that's something she added but I liked it and copied it as well. Thanks Paula!

I am meeting with my kinder team next week for training. One thing we are looking at is setting up their classroom libraries by genres and features with the students. We will go through the books they have to pre-categorize them and look for holes. I think librarythings will be incredible useful. So, I'm excited to have this to share with them as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the kids your tutor in after school would enjoy Library Thing and they need never know they are doing the dreaded "Book Report".