Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards

Wow! If I thought I was overwhelmed before...this did it! Not in a bad way, just as the blog said...sooo much information, tooo little time.

I started first by looking at widgets, specifically, yourminis. I thought I had a vague understanding of widgets and what they were, but I realized I have no clue. Looking through this sight, I just felt like I was missing something or one step behind. I couldn't really find a way to help. So, I gave it. Well, I gave up for now... If anyone can help explain widgets, I would GREATLY appreciate any info!

After that experience, I decided to try something "fun". I went to music and discovered Last. This is a sight that is free. You have a radio player and can set up a music library to listen to music. It seems like just about every music genre is on there with every big name as well as unknown but tagged as the same categories. You can also upload(if that's the right term) from your own music library from your computer. You also have the ability to tag anything added to your music library...and we know how helpful tagging is. :) There are multiple options on this site to listen to the familiar as well as discover new talent. It's great!!

As far as a connection to school and the library... it's there! :) Music is a drive for all people in many different ways. In the classroom, you have the ability to find and play music that goes along with any unit of study. Any brain research will tell you, that there is power in this. As far as personal, I love it! I can hear music that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. If you're a music lover, then this site is worth checking out...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This kind of explains Wigets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5YNZ-TdME&feature=related

Anonymous said...

opwerjewjefjm

Anonymous said...

THis is a great post. Good idea.